Toggle Original Post

Congratulations on release but really... such issues on the day of release??! Patched on steam then uninstall and re-install and still cant get past steam authentication! Very, very frustrating and to make it worse no updates on the main Wolcen site, surely main point of call would be the main site and note every other social media platform first.....
(edit) got past authentication then says error with friends list (which I thought had been disabled due to log in issues) then checks game version and, says update but no updates are available then..... error with game version and failed to retrieve player data (I unistalled and this is supposed to have been after a reinstall) OO did manage to get to "getting group"(thats a new one) then it bummed out... again (edit) got as far as making character and naming it, then bumming out, again (game services timed out)

DiamondRage Original Comment

https://twitter.com/WolcenGame

Created: 4 years, 2 months ago

For starters you can play in offline mode... Second have you played any other game that has an online option on release they always break. Have some faith and paitence at least they announced it straight away and let everyone know whats going on. If this was Square Enix you wouldn't of even got an update. So stop crying and play in offline.

Ichirou Original Comment

ofc i could play in offline mode, i simply dont want to since im not gonna progress 2 times.
and not every game breaks on release. moreover its not just about the broken servers but the general state of the game and the devs itself. for isnatnce, even the german press review version was even simply a wrong build. no communication there for several days. the game itself is horribly buggy like mobs not being hitable.

And last but not least, i know this is hard to understand for many other cultures, but germans are men of their word and professionality. if theres something wrong, we will let u know. and well let u know that were unhappy about it. were used to stuff working if we ordered for a service. were not like "meh, we gonna do it some other time" like many, many other countries are.

Kickstarter backer here still waiting for my game key...

Yeah it seems like a good game. Maybe tomorrow I will get to play it, since I'm not going to waste more time in offline mode. Characters created offline can never be used online, so no thanks.

And here I am, stuck @ work until 9pm eastern time. /cry!

I guess it's a good thing though because the bugs should be worked out by then!

(Edited 4 years, 2 months ago)

For starters you can play in offline mode... Second have you played any other game that has an online option on release they always break. Have some faith and paitence at least they announced it straight away and let everyone know whats going on. If this was Square Enix you wouldn't of even got an update. So stop crying and play in offline.

Ichirou Original Comment

Вы понимаете что говорите? А дальше что делать? Офф игрок не может поти потом в онлайн, надо заного качать игрока, толку с офф режима игры. Я сюжетку пройду за 8-12 часов.... Я что дал 15 баксов за 12а часов игры?

Ichirou Original Comment

Think at least before you say something. The player from the off mode can not then connect to the online mode. Why then they were waiting for the release, then they would release as a single game and that's all ....

Thirdly they gave a statement on STEAM the platform it is being played on.

Ichirou Original Comment

Think at least before you say something. The player from the off mode can not then connect to the online mode. Why then they were waiting for the release, then they would release as a single game and that's all ....

congrats to the launch
55k players online :)

bet you never thought that it would be such a success, especially when you compare the numbers of active players with the early access phase

[deleted]

croaton333 Original Comment

Why don't you think before you respond. I never actually stated anywhere about using offline character in online. I only stated you can still play the game in OFFLINE mode. Which nothing is stopping from doing so. Obviously after doing some digging you cannot use an offline character in online which fair enough you don't want to double up on progress.

BUT all I was doing is giving an alternative to playing the damn game. Which by the way after a few hours of playing in offline mode I find it extremely fun, yeah there are some bugs and such but overall the game has massive potential.

And yes I deleted my previous comment as I made an error and didn't realize I could edit it. :shrug: whatever you cannot please everyone.

(Edited 4 years, 2 months ago)

congratulations on the release ... looking forward for the drm-free and linux version of the game :-)

I can't connect online either so I guess just play the waiting game like the rest of us

Same here cannot connect. Mine tells me there is already an update and to restart but it just loops. Im trying to download the game again.

birkett3 Original Comment

yes me too

To be fair @DiamondRage they announced it on the steam page as it happened. Also, pointed you towards social media. Second EVERY game no matter how big or small always has server issues on launch. Diablo III, WoW (Every expansion.) FFXIV etc. So, a small company to make this game which is actually pretty damn good to have server issues is no surprise and the fact they announced it and said they are looking into it straight away gives me hope in the company. Because first and foremost I only care about communication if something goes awry.

Ichirou Original Comment

I agree with you

WARNING if you exit the game even in offline mode it will reset your progress i was level 25 in act 2 now it reset me im a lv 25 in the start of act 1 word to the wise dont play until this bug is fixed others are having this problem not just me its all over the wolcen reddit

Congratulation! Its been a great journey watching the game become what it is today. Its been awhile since the end of the Kickstarter.. (June 14, 2015) I am proud backer and cant wait to see what the future will bring for Umbra... err I mean Wolcen! Thank you!

hy! Im duke backer! I feel very cheated by the final game, but that's another issue, where are my rewards ingame?

HYPERS

в мене так і не запускається :(

Your email is not verified, resend your confirmation email from your profile page.