Toggle Original Post

The devs are up to their neck in alligators right now and don't have time to respond to the general community. They'll get to us when they have a fix or to extend the estimated time of repairs. This is real life, folks!

Created: 4 years, 2 months ago

Just wanted to drop by and say congratulations on the launch. Come a long way since the early days and I'm impressed by the progress you guys have made since.

Really enjoying the game and extremely excited for the future for this game.

Keep it up, Wolcen Studio!

Available now!! But you can't play it cuz the game has been down for maintenance longer than it has been playable! HAHA!!

server still down after 2 days....not really nice.

Offline allows us to make tweaks to builds and test builds out at the moment. Take the time to learn the passive skill tree and make some epic builds while we wait for online play. So far, toxic assassin with dagger and catalyst is fuckin sweet. Working my way to plaguebringer ascendency to grab the toxic emanations node. Works really well with plagueburst.

"Available now"
No. No it is not. The game has been down longer than it has been up/available.

This all feels dirty. First the company gave reviewers like Rhykker a different version of the game than the rest of us had to experience at launch. Probably skewing their reviews to the positive side. Then they release a game at full price with a ridiculous amount of bugs both online and offline.

I see a text message while Im playing online that they are doing a hotfix and that we may experience issues logging in for about an hour. This was over 24 hours ago and online service is still down. I feel like the company has feigned a complete game in order to get increased revenue. It feels like we are being duped into being investors in a potential product rather than consumers purchasing a complete and whole product.

Telling me that other companies have issues too does not exonerate the responsibility of a vendor to deliver it's promised product to the consumer. Nor does it remove my right as a consumer to complain and demand the product as promised. If I wanted to invest in a work in progress I would do it on the stock market. What I'm doing here is buying a product.

Forgive me for my candor but these people telling people to stop complaining are the very people that are the problem in this world. Nothing changes for the better if we don't complain about things that could be better. This situation could be better. I see the game has potential. That potential isn't realized yet.

(Edited 4 years, 2 months ago)

For, oscarg, Ice
No respect for the work done, no compassion for the people who work behind the games and the number of hours of work to succeed in opening the doors of the games. He doesn’t even deserve to be read. You have no idea what work to do to make this kind of games and it is not possible to satisfy everyone. today is Saturday... he’s still working to please you.. tomorrow Sunday.... They will still work to satisfy you so shut your mouth. Good luck to the team.

Aucun respect du travail apporté, aucune compassion des personnes qui travaille derrière le jeux et du nombre d'heure de travail pour réussir a nous ouvrir les portes de ce jeux.. il ne mérite même pas d'être lu.
tu n'a pas la moindre idée de travail à réaliser pour faire ce genre de jeux et il n'est pas possible de satisfaire tout le monde.. aujourd'hui c'est samedi... il travail encore pour te satisfaire..
demain dimanche.... ils travailleront encore pour te satisfaire alors ferme ta bouche.
Bon courage à l'équipe.

ccauny Original Comment

Hey buddy! A consumer has a right to complain if they are dissatisfied with a product. You however do NOT have the right to take that right away. It's the people that complain that generally make things better for not just themselves but everyone else. Including a disrespectful person like you.

We purchased a product. We didn't invest in a potential product, which is where this game is right now. The developers better be working to satisfy us. Because we the consumers are paying their bills so shut your mouth.

Having put you in your place, I don't necessarily blame the Devs for this debacle. It may be the bean counters in charge pushing a product out before its fully tested to get revenue asap. Then relying on the Devs to put the fires out as they arise. It's a pretty bad fire. Not sure who's to blame on this one but It smells of corporate shenanigans.

@Calistaen

After 4 years in early access You would think you had learned enough to keep the game up and running

But that is obviously not the case

-Not a happy consumer

ps plz fire whoever came up with the idea to put the game server in maintenance mode over the weekend

4 years the game was in development, you hurried with the release of the game, now you already get a bunch of negative reviews and the longer you mess around the more chances the game will fail.
P.S. Your alpha testers don't understand anything about action RPG . It was necessary to invite players from the POE, they would advise you a lot of very important nuances that you ignored when releasing the game.
P.S. A tree calculator is the main thing you should have done before release. I'm not saying anything about the wikipedia game.

Closing servers at weekend was really bad idea.

I just got the game andddddd cant log in and yeah it sucks....but I am a pretty logical person and like to give the benefit of the doubt and be informed before I make a complaint.

So I looked at the sales numbers and on kickstarter they had 11,141 backers. Now that gives you a pretty good idea of what your initial server will be as its possible in the next few days you might double or tripple if you are lucky as an indie developer. Then over months if you are one of the lucky ones your sales go nuts(for kickstarted games, I am not talking mainstream). But over night according to steam projected sales they sold between 500,000 - 1,000,000 copies. There is no way they could have anticipated that. The fact they had servers that supported 60,000 to 70,000 logged in at one time within days is pretty impressive forsight for an indie company.

Now I know it sucks but think about the fact that their funding just went through the roof is something that should make you really happy. This means they can hire more staff to for development, invest in not just larger but better quality servers and make sure its a game that retains the title of good for years to come.
The one thing I like about indie developers is most have integrity, some of the biggest hits had terrible bugs at launch Terraria, minecraft, world of warcraft(moderate size company at one point believe it or not), astroneer, guild wars 2, league of legends thats just a drop in the bucket. But all those companies stuck by the product and made amazing content.

The servers will be up soon I am sure(maybe day or so) since you would want to keep the huge ball rolling and fast action means better reviews on initial release, the bugs will also be fixed quick for sure and with that money imagine how much content they can make.

I will say 1 thing though I do personally wish the communication was better whether its good news or bad, helps with transparency(just in case anyone working there reads this please take my advice this will make a lot of people feel more at ease), that said I personally would be scrambling to figure out what the crud to do since my wildest dreams just punched me in the face.

So if I was anyone reading this I would just take a deep breath think if it was me I couldnt have possibly known this would happen and be confident in the fact that in a few days I am probably going to be crazy addicted to this well running and working game that will probably get some sweet additional content eventually that I didnt even expect, making my investment worth even more. But thats just me.

• Сделайте хотя бы персонаж сохранялся в офлайне.

Could we get some information on what is going on with the "online" option? What is going on and when can we expect online mode to be available? Should offline characters be convertable to online?

Hey buddy! A consumer has a right to complain if they are dissatisfied with a product. You however do NOT have the right to take that right away. It's the people that complain that generally make things better for not just themselves but everyone else. Including a disrespectful person like you.

We purchased a product. We didn't invest in a potential product, which is where this game is right now. The developers better be working to satisfy us. Because we the consumers are paying their bills so shut your mouth.

Having put you in your place, I don't necessarily blame the Devs for this debacle. It may be the bean counters in charge pushing a product out before its fully tested to get revenue asap. Then relying on the Devs to put the fires out as they arise. It's a pretty bad fire. Not sure who's to blame on this one but It smells of corporate shenanigans.

DangerDon Original Comment

I totally agree with you!
But at least the devs staying in contact with us, something i really really appreciate, i also think the marketing part just pushed it out way too far and now the devs getting under fire.

by the way yeah english is my second language so sorry if you found me hard to read

well guys i can understand the frustration but really let give a chance yes it's there first game as i saw some talking yes it could be fun to play online whit other but we cant now because of some uninspected trouble coming but i rather play offline now and wait for those issue be patch then come in game and look at my chess empty my unique item gone or lose again and again progression
story. so i rather wait few day enjoy the game in my own then when the bug are fix jump online and have great time.

plus it's easy to say bad things and comment like shit but who here can really say i make a game in 4 years of work whit no bug at all. and thats a lot of time spending and lot of money too. i just think at fallout76 lol big huge compagny who make garbage bug game. so have fun and try to understand them a littel.

I just got the game andddddd cant log in and yeah it sucks....but I am a pretty logical person and like to give the benefit of the doubt and be informed before I make a complaint.

So I looked at the sales numbers and on kickstarter they had 11,141 backers. Now that gives you a pretty good idea of what your initial server will be as its possible in the next few days you might double or tripple if you are lucky as an indie developer. Then over months if you are one of the lucky ones your sales go nuts(for kickstarted games, I am not talking mainstream). But over night according to steam projected sales they sold between 500,000 - 1,000,000 copies. There is no way they could have anticipated that. The fact they had servers that supported 60,000 to 70,000 logged in at one time within days is pretty impressive forsight for an indie company.

Now I know it sucks but think about the fact that their funding just went through the roof is something that should make you really happy. This means they can hire more staff to for development, invest in not just larger but better quality servers and make sure its a game that retains the title of good for years to come.
The one thing I like about indie developers is most have integrity, some of the biggest hits had terrible bugs at launch Terraria, minecraft, world of warcraft(moderate size company at one point believe it or not), astroneer, guild wars 2, league of legends thats just a drop in the bucket. But all those companies stuck by…

Astherial Original Comment

'There is no way they could have anticipated that. The fact they had servers that supported 60,000 to 70,000 logged in at one time within days is pretty impressive forsight for an indie company'

@Astherial - Well mate, you are very wrong here, they should absolutely have anticipated that volume and here is why: They had sponsored content with many of the major ARPG influencers, such as Force Gaming, Rhykker etc. Those 2 alone is a reach of over 1 million hardcore ARPG fans, so expecting less than a couple of 100k players upon launch is just stupid. You don't launch a game with publicity like that without expecting sales to skyrock. So I am sorry, I very much disagree with you, they SHOULD have known.

With all that said, I still am waiting with great anticipation for them to get the game back up and I am impressed with what they have accomplished, launch aside (which sucked!).
-> Also, why don't they update the forums with solid info more regularly, that alone would calm many people down.

Is the version 1.0.3.0 a new update from Steam?

I'm guessing you don't work in marketing. I'm no marketing expert, but I have done a lot of marketing and some development. Depending on the marketing and product, you can expect at least a 3:1 return on investment for every marketing dollar spent. Considering they marketed toward a niche community using influencers who are generally trusted, I would say a 3:1 ROI would be the minimum expected. On the note of influencers, I will likely be dubious of anything Rhykker endorses going forward. It probably wasn't his fault the launch of Wolcen was so bad, but it is his reputation that was affected. I really hope he addresses the controversy in his normal positive but frank manner soon.

I don't know what their marketing budget was, but I'll assume it was at least $10k, probably more like $50k based on how many reputable streamers I saw endorsing the game. With a marketing buy-in of $50k, you would expect at least 150k in sales, with nearly 100% of those sales logging in at or near launch weekend. Even at $10k spent on marketing, you would expect at least 30k people to log in on launch weekend. Add in the 11k+ backers, and you have about 41k people expected. Now double capacity, and that's what the servers should have been built for (which is right around what was concurrently logged in based on Steam analytics). A queue system would have been a tried and tested method to handle larger than expected load, that way people could still play the game but not overload the system. Then spin up more server nodes as needed.

The marketing team for this game did a bang up job and deserves a bonus. Unfortunately, the rest of the staff weren't up to the task.

Keep in mind player base will drop off precipitously if the game continues to be unplayable. They have about a 2-3 week window before this game dies. I hope the CEO or whoever is in charge is both knowledgeable (which I doubt based on performance thus far) and has passion for the project. Otherwise this game will drop from 100k+ concurrent players to almost nothing really fast. For a recent real world market example, look at Anthem.

The first 2 weeks of a launch are the make or break period of a game; a good chunk of earnings happen in the first few weeks of a game's launch. It's important to have a working product and good marketing to get as many copies as possible in the hands of players during this window.

I fully fit into that demographic. I was mildly interested in the game as a '
throw it on my Steam wishlist and wait for a sale' person, then I watched Rhykker's first video and immediately bought 2 copies of the game (one for myself and one for a friend). We played for 2 hours, then the game was unplayable in co-op for more than 2 full days, both of which were on the weekend. Then we got to play together again, beat the game, started end game, and now can't play again due to the authentication bug.

ARPGs are a niche community, so the game may survive this. However, with D3 and PoE seasons ending and new ones beginning soon, Wolcen has about a month to get sorted out before I think they'll lose a lot of players.

I enjoyed what I did play, but the game didn't launch in a vacuum. It has some stiff, established competition that mostly knows what they're doing (PoE, not D3). Instead of being remembered for being a great game, every day that passes with game breaking bugs the likelihood of Wolcen slipping into obscurity increases. Remember how awful the new Cats theatrical release was? Wolcen just managed an even worse launch than that dumpster fire of a movie. You only get one chance to make a good first impression, and Wolcen made a BAD first impression for over 100k people. I hope they get it sorted out fast, because I think the game has genuine potential. However, they have an uphill battle to fix all the game breaking bugs over the next few weeks. I'm not talking about the annoying bugs, I mean the bugs that make people rage quit and uninstall the game. Bugs like online servers not working (since for some reason there isn't an option to invite friends to offline co-op), authentication errors preventing players from getting into the game (online or offline), inventories disappearing (I would rage quit right now after grinding out endgame gear already), and the various exploits that have existed since the beta. Add in the horrific balancing of the game, and my optimism for the future dims.

Good luck team Wolcen, you're going to need it. I'll be rooting for you, from the side of realism, big data, and historical norms.

How can you happily announce THIS as a full release? bugs over bugs, glitches and exploits. not including the absolute mess of a release day.

if you happyly anounce this beta version of a full release u might as well happily take an arrow to the knee.

im not sure if your drinking champaign bc u cashed out on all of us idiots who bought the game on "release" or if there are screaming duels at wolcen studio every workday since release.

Your email is not verified, resend your confirmation email from your profile page.