Auction House

put the auction house, it would be the best choice for the end of the game, any auction house game has a long life

Replies: 15

Created: 4 years, 4 months ago

Category: Community

How about no? Auction house function in actuality, destroys games. This game has no need to become a farm gear>sell in auction house simulator like D3 was in it's beginnings.

Created: 4 years, 3 months ago

Nothing wrong with auction houses in games.

If you get drops that don't work with, or are of no use to, your build, being able to sell them offers others more opportunities.

They could also go somewhere along the same lines of path of exiles trading system which is a more active style of trading to keep players interacting with each other.

No AH planned for the moment, but sure, it could change in the future

An ingame auction house would be really good in my opinion.
If you have ever played PoE you know how annyoing and time consuming the extern system is.
Never use real currency in an auction system like in D3 that ruined the whole auction house.

In my opinion something between would be the best.
For example i have the Argand´s Hearth golves and i want as a trade The Trial Belt. I just leave them in the auction house.
The bidders can put the belt as a trade in there and when i see it i can choose which one i*m gonna take.
Boom

kind of a item trader. Just use the trade windows from the ingame trade. Then you can trade for example The Trial belt for 2X 1Hand high dps weapons and so on.

Players who feel that auction houses are a bad idea typically use the following logic:
D3 had an auction houses --> D3 was bad --> auction houses are bad

Here are several issues with trading that can be eliminated by implementing an in-game auction house with robust search filters (some of which were taken from a different post of mine):
1. Direct trading requires players to constantly spam trade chat or leave the game in order to use 3rd party web sites or applications.
2. Direct trading can cause finding a powerful item that is tradable feel like a chore rather than a moment of excitement. Direct trading the item requires you to leave the game in order assess the value of the item, spam trade chat for an extended period of time or list the item on some 3rd party web site, stop what you are doing once a buyer is found in order to trade the item, and then hope that you didn't get ripped off because you underestimated the value of the item. Now imagine having to do this several times per gaming session and you see the problem.
3. Many players lash out at other players when they disagree about an item's price. This often creates a toxic experience when buying or selling items, especially for new or casual players.
4. Games like Wolcen are all about acquiring awesome items. Direct trading makes that process annoying (e.g., trade chat spam), rather than challenging (e.g., killing difficult mobs).
5. Both players must be online in order to do a direct trade.
6. Direct trading is inefficient and time consuming which takes significant time away from players being able to enjoy the awesome gameplay and features that Wolcen offers.

Personally, I would prefer for the game to prevent all trading. But, a well implemented auction house might be a good balance between players who like to trade and players who prefer to avoid the issues associated with direct trading.

Created: 4 years, 2 months ago

we need just a poe trade or global tade like poe

a global chat channel would be nice too.

Also if DEV's do not impliment an auction house or have some kind of planned trade system outside the fourms and discord your game is doomed ... trust me please. its ok for now it's still early, but the game will be dead with only a handful of players left in a couple weeks if this isnt resolved.

But hey what do i know? :)

I think an auction house would be an interesting feauture, or at the very least an official trade channel.

Questions I have had when playing the game so far is, will we have any online global channels to interact with others?
-Will we be able to link items?
-Can you invite people from the in-game chat while in game or would you have to leave and recreate a game to do so?

Simple ways of interacting with others and being able to get in touch with them, to exchange stuff would certainly be a nice way of getting started with trading. Right now I feel like there's very little difference between playing my online and my offline toons, other than the slightly bigger delay on vendoring items and such. : /

no auction house please. I donnt wanna farm gold or play the auction house in order to get BIS item. there is no fun in that.

Some form of smart loot would be nice though, that when you have points in red that you get loot for that instead of bows and caster stuff

Asgardian if you dont want to have Auction House go and play OFFLINE MOde. I want to play ,interact with real ppl and trade the stuff that i found

I don't see how anyone can look at a auction house as a bad idea. Especially on the basis that Diablo III had an Auction House system and was a flop. There were many reasons that attributed to that game's failure and the Auction House system wasn't one of them. Path of Exile's system would even be an improvement from nothing, that's for sure. But I would prefer an Auction House so I don't have to waste my time whispering people until someone answers. It really is a pain. And we could also implement an anti-bot system.

no auction house please. I donnt wanna farm gold or play the auction house in order to get BIS item. there is no fun in that.

Some form of smart loot would be nice though, that when you have points in red that you get loot for that instead of bows and caster stuff

Asgardian Original Comment

If you don't want to trade or an auction house. DON'T FUCKING USE IT, it's that simple dumbass. You can also play offline

Created: 4 years, 1 month ago

I agree with auction house and it would benefit to Wolcen Company and Less-Time Playing Player . When D3 Launch they got 1Million Player Played everyday imagine if 500k people selling item and Blizzard tax USD1 per item it would be USD500K per day. It would help the company alot by developing more fun stuff and does not worried bout out of cash and can hired more professional game developer for more content . Just my 2cent comment and it's win win situation for Player and Wolcen <3 Happy earning for both parties . Wolcen can implement 2 kind of server 1 is with RMAH and 1 is without i bet RMAH will be flooded and those haters bout RMAH also will sneak to RMAH Server to play <3 , Just my point of view

(Edited 4 years, 1 month ago)

I agree we need an Auction House, trading is very painful at the moment. The Auction House will also attract many new players and keep everyone more engaged. Diablo lll had problems because of the real life currency which shouldn't have been part of the trading to begin with. I hope the devs read our suggestions since we speak in the name of the community.

Your email is not verified, resend your confirmation email from your profile page.