Bleeding Despot 210 -- Bleeding Edge Ailment Stacking Mage Hybrid - - 210 Ailment Stacks

This build focuses on two primary damage types.

1) Damage over time via Ailment Stacking.
2) Heavy hits increased by multiple modifiers that synergize well with Ailments.

Our ailment stacking is done in two ways each focusing on different ailment types. Our primary damage dealing ailments are picked up via our Physical attack skills while our buff/debuff ailments are picked up with our magical skills.

Physical Attack Skills
Bleeding Edge - This skill converts all weapon damage to Rend providing us with our first of 7 ailments. (This means that the skill will not add fire damage if you socket your weapon with a fire damage gem) ** By equipping a non-weapon Item with the +(Damage type) to attack skills suffix we ensure that with every swing of Bleeding Edge we are applying both Bleeding and Burning Ailments.

Wings of Ishmir - This is a great mobility skill, providing a multitude of buffs and helping us with our clear speed via the Twisting Harbinger node. The damage of this skill is determined by your overall damage output. We need to ensure that this skill is outputting Poison and Shock ailments. An easy way to do this is to add Damage gems to your main hand weapon. This damage will be converted to rend for Bleeding Edge, but prior to that conversion it will apply the socketed damage type to our Wings of Ishmir.

Magical Spells - We will use two spells to provide our debuffing ailments Cursed, Weakened and Stasis.

Arctic Spear - This skill with the Sublime Fracture and Beauty of Hope nodes provide us with not only our rage generation but a quick and easy way to apply Stasis and Weaken to every enemy we encounter. Simply spam this as you approach enemies.

Bulwark of Dawn - Applying the Sacred grounds node makes this a damage dealer which in turn makes it apply ailments. In this particular case we want it to apply Cursed.

For Bulwark to apply curse and Arctic Spear to apply Stasis we need to add Aether Damage and Shadow Damage to spells. Aether needs to be a higher amount so that the damage done by Arctic Spear can apply Stasis Ailment (If more explanation is needed here just comment and ill be happy to break it down).

Utility Spell - For your final skill slot you can get creative. I tend to use Sovereign Shout, although if you are using a Dagger you could use Mark of Impurity which is a good choice. Livor Mortis may even be a good option here. Have fun!

Our second damage comes in the form of a very heavy hitting Bleeding Edge thanks to the Despotic Perseverance node which increases damage for every ailment stack affecting the target, which in our case is 210... This is further increased by the passive node Immortal Offering which reliably provides a 100-125% damage buff via the use of our 7 Ailment Stack types. You can take this one step further with Blistering Embrace further increasing damage.

It would also be very easy to path to Frenzied blows for double damage, but I don't think its strictly necessary.

Because we have taken the time to apply stasis to our enemies we also make use of the Which Time Cannot Heal passive providing a second very large Bleeding Edge hit.

If you want to pick up some attack speed to increase your bleeding edge animation time you can pick up the Captured Velocity node for a quick and easy 75% increased attack speed score.

Defensively were using Dire Juncture, Branded Burst, Kingless Aegis etc..

1H Melee Weapon and Catalyst

All Wisdom - Interchange with Toughness until your comfortable. As you progress Ailment chance will be easier to manage through gear optimizations and toughness will become more important.

The tree below is still a work in progress. Let me know you thoughts!

https://wolcen-universe.com/builds/Obq7wy-bleeding-despot

Replies: 9

Created: 4 years, 2 months ago

Category: Gameplay

why all wisdom? the chance increase is minimal with a bit of gear with wisdom on it which makes full toughness the best option imo

why all wisdom? the chance increase is minimal with a bit of gear with wisdom on it which makes full toughness the best option imo

TheGaijin Original Comment

Hey there! You can definitely focus on toughness if your feeling squishy. I have not yet felt the need yet but there may come a time. There are also quite a few good defensive nodes in proximity on the tree to assist.

Hi, i just started playing this game, I'm wondering if there is a leveling guide for this build? How would you suggest I go about the leveling process?

Hey there! You can definitely focus on toughness if your feeling squishy. I have not yet felt the need yet but there may come a time. There are also quite a few good defensive nodes in proximity on the tree to assist.

Joomin Original Comment

You can get ailment chance from many things, but once you get towards mid/end of champ and into master tiers, you will just get one shot if you have no health or some way to counter taking massive hits.Maybe while lower level and theres no reason sure, but I imagine you will definitely want to spec into toughness eventually.

what kind of weapons would you use ?Dagger and catalyst? or anything els

(Edited 4 years, 2 months ago)

You can get ailment chance from many things, but once you get towards mid/end of champ and into master tiers, you will just get one shot if you have no health or some way to counter taking massive hits.Maybe while lower level and theres no reason sure, but I imagine you will definitely want to spec into toughness eventually.

ShadeGoesBerserk Original Comment

Awesome thank you! Ya toughness should definitely become an easier priority while still maintaining ailment chance through gear optimizations. Ill add a note about this to the guide, thank you!

what kind of weapons would you use ?Dagger and catalyst? or anything els

Hexcry Original Comment

With this build I'm using a 1H Melee weapon and a Catalyst. What that Melee weapon is, is completely up to whatever your best available is.

@admiral160 Hey there! So I wouldn't necessarily recommend a strict build for your play through, a lot of elements that make this play style fluid and enjoyable become available at later levels. Bleeding edge is pretty much badass from beginning to end so if you like the skill in its early modifiers use that. in general I'd recommend just playing through the campaign getting a feel for all the skills and slowly narrow your focus.

Sorry I know that probably wasn't the answer your looking for but until I've leveled a character more than a few times I cant really say what the quickest or most efficient method is.

Hey @Joomin

If possible, can we chat about this part of the build:
"For Bulwark to apply curse and Arctic Spear to apply Stasis we need to add Aether Damage and Shadow Damage to spells. Aether needs to be a higher amount so that the damage done by Arctic Spear can apply Stasis Ailment (If more explanation is needed here just comment and ill be happy to break it down)."

I feel like I don't quite grasp all the mechanics of types of dmg(shadow/sacred/aether) and their ailment counterparts(stasis/curse/weakness). If we take Beauty of Hope node with Artic Spears, doesn't it apply Scared damager, which then applies Weakness?

When you say Aether needs to be a higher amount, is that just relative to shadow damage? Do we need a certain amount to proc or do we just need to make sure Aether on spells is higher than Shadow on spells?

Your email is not verified, resend your confirmation email from your profile page.