Topic: Exaggerated lighting in cellars

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  steven rio 4 days, 18 hours ago.

• Author

keymaker81
    Participant

The lamps in the cellars in Evergrave (and probalby elsewhere since I haven’t gone far yet) are unrealistically bright, as if they were LED light bulbs and need to be adjusted. In real life lamps and candles emit an orange-ish hue and it turns darker as it spreads out. I believe it would be nice to make cellars  and other dungeons equally dark and claustrophobic as seen in Diablo (Wolcen’s inspiration).   This can be done without much hassle by reducing the intensity of the light and turning it from bleached yellow to something “warmer”, like yellow-ish orange .  That weird “halo” effect also hovers a few inches above the flame.  Another oddity I encountered are sourceless lights hovering a few feet above ground, they seem out of place and removing them would not hurt the experience of anybody.

keymaker81
    Participant

steven rio
    Participant

hank you for posting such a great article! I found your website perfect for helix jump

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.