Topic: Technical Beta content: Phase 1. And some preview!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Raam 1 month ago.

• Author

Calistaen [Wolcen Staff]
    Keymaster
    Guardian Angel

[DE translation] Hello everyone! Before we give you the content planned for the first phase of the technical Beta, we’re very proud to share with you
    [See the full post at: Technical Beta content: Phase 1. And some preview!]

Community Manager
    Wolcen Studio

book_of_Joshua
    Participant
    Wizard
    Backer

Awesome!

https://twitch.tv/book_of_Joshua

Dragnon
    Participant

Looks awesome totally hyped for this beta phase!

Freeman
    Participant
    Warrior
    Backer

Game has come a long way… cant wait to be my main ‘diablo like’ game.

Multiplayer hype!

WonkoTheSane
    Participant

Not interested anymore. GOG players are treated as 2nd class players, although we payed the same as everyone else.

Wilmots
    Participant

Great, cant wait to get started and test! Hype.

FaneRocKyFRK
    Participant

hi can play beta testing without buy the game?

FaneRocKyFRK
    Participant

phase 2 when started? 2018-2019 or 2019+…..phase 1 starts on 11 oct and finish on 17 oct  but phase 2 plz? thx

Tyker Strunk
    Participant

the question are
    how easy does GOG make it to add beta branches?
    How hard would it be to sync both publishers so data received from the betas are actually useful?
    How does the online function work, does it use steams servers or home servers ran by the team and how easily can GOG be integrated into during the testing?
    How many GOG users are there compared to steams?
    would the gathered data be worth the trouble?

I guarantee It’s not as simple as just pressing a button and the team is pretty small. Steam is the big man when it comes to games and you just have to sort of deal with that. You chose to side with the underdog, good for you, but you can’t expect the same attention on the second best platform.

Nuno Felix
    Participant

Hi

Wolcen is shaping up to be a great game. But the decision of removing the rotating camera was, to me, a big mistake. I think it’s one step away from a more immersive RPG, in the direction of a simpler, action oriented game. It removes a lot of the sense of discovery in the game, one thing i think is essential in a good RPG. It’s always bad when you remove features that work well. I know, as a 3D artist myself, that with the rotating camera you will have more work, everythink must be seen from every angle. But you have to build the objects and scenery anyway. You just have to have the extra work of making them look good from every side, as you have done until now. Plus, the rotating camera allows us to better appreciate your work, in all it’s splendor.

But this is just my opinion. It’s your game, of course you should do things your way.

As for the rest, no complaints, everything looks amazing

BlaqWolf
    Participant

phase 2 when started? 2018-2019 or 2019+…..phase 1 starts on 11 oct and finish on 17 oct but phase 2 plz? thx

Hah, phase 1 has not even started yet… so, phase 2 probably Q4 2019 or so.

Geulande
    Participant

It really looks cool but why do new games in this medieval style always have to have guns in their games, it totally ruin the atmosphere part.

Justin
    Participant

any update on when the beta will actually release? It’s been more than a few days since the 11th

Lee Bishop
    Participant

Not interested anymore. GOG players are treated as 2nd class players, although we payed the same as everyone else.

I agree whole-heartedly, on GoG we don’t even get the daily dungeon to be able to do, and something needs to be done about that in itself.

Raam
    Participant

Ohhh wait what? They are removing the rotating camera?!?! Nooooooooooo

You guys HAVE to let that remain in-the game… rotating + zoom.

No matter WHAT You do.. do NOT remove that.. make it an option in the settings section instead.

Locked isometric view: On/Off   (Off = Free-float/Rotating enabled)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.