Toggle Original Post

Yeah just downloaded it from scratch, but apparently i can´t get into public games... any status on the connection ?

Created: 4 years, 2 months ago

I love this game Epic & Mythic ! Thx Wolcen Team.

GJ guys, I love the game so far.

When will you start sending out the signed Collector's Edition of the physical game?

hope you see this it looks great of what i have seen OTHERS* play, sense i cant connect to the game sense it crashes, and would mean alot if you could confirm a what bugs and issues your working on.. would apreciate.

and GL forward.

[deleted]

This is absolutely ridiculous, they literally aren't responding to an community questions and feedback and the game literally just launched.

At first thanks for good game, second can we get feedback about server maintenance?

https://twitter.com/wolcengame

Maintenance until 5PM UTC.

https://twitter.com/wolcengame

Maintenance until 5PM UTC.

loic.jeandel Original Comment

Official new should be posted for the official forums first and foremost, feel free to use any other platform you feel like aswell but for god sake at the very least put on the official forums.

I cant STAND when game dev's think that social media is an acceptable way of posting news and updates. Might as well just go ahead and tell costumers "Do you guys not have fones?!"

A small kickstarter company with 40 employes is having trouble with their first game during the first couple of days after the release. LOOORD ITS A MIRACLE!! I'm sure no one saw this one coming xD

@mrqazy - Agreed!!

[deleted]

A small kickstarter company with 40 employes is having trouble with their first game during the first couple of days after the release. LOOORD ITS A MIRACLE!! I'm sure no one saw this one coming xD

lorddeseiiss Original Comment

Well mate you're wrong in one thing. If you do sponsored content with many of the biggest influencers in the RPG world, then you SHOULD expect this kind of turn out. I am in the game industry myself and having Rhykker, Force Gaming etc do sponsored posts both before and during release will almost guarantee you a decent amount of sales.

So what's going on here is really not ok, they should absolutely have planned and prepared for this. 68.000 players isn't even that much considering what I wrote above. So yes, this is their own fault.

Also, whatever you have prepared for or not, communicating updates regularly and in official channels is independent, so again their own fault for not doing well.

Jeez, so many entitled sholes around, today. :D

Lets check the facts:
This is their first game and they had problems on their release with the multiplayer (singleplayer worked fine).
Companies which I will not name who created more than a dozen games and are among the giants of the industry release games that have neither working multiplayer nor singleplayer and not even all the content they promise.
So if we compare them Wolcen did better with less resources.
We can only objectively judge by comparison, for example the desert is "cold" compared to the sun isn't i?
So considering that not a single game in the last 10 years got released without a hitch you have no reason at all to flame a company who had only minor issues in their very first game.

Don't get me wrong I am pissed off, If I have to watch error massages, too. But what matters is how they handle said error,
did they completely ignore the community for a week, only to tell them its their fault for expecting anything?
Nope, they actually use twitter (which everyone can access) as a source for mini status updates on Problems and Solutions while they work on it.
I might add they solved a lot of Issues already. When they realized they needed to restart Servers to fix it they announced it and did it. With other companies you are left to wonder, so by again they did well by comparison.

Face reality, mistakes and errors happen, you most certainly fu*ked up things before, so raging about someone else mistakes makes you seem rather pathetic. It only mattes how they deal with it and you can tell they are at it, with effort.

As for the whine about no posts on the forum, they update their twitter quite rapid, as twitter is meant to be used, a forum is meant to be used for formal announcements, for example "we will release on date xx-xx-xxxx" or "there will be a total level of 90" you don't use a forum to write hourly updates,
adding in the comments of users that would only result in confusing everyone.

And honestly, what do you prefer a team working on the issue while taking a couple minutes every 3 hours to update twitter or a company thats so busy finding someone to blame that they will spend a day to put a statement together, then publish it on the forum before they actually start working on said problems lol.

@ Wolcen team thanks for a great game and the effort you put into fixing the current issues, cant wait to play on running servers and explore some more of the content after act 1 :D - ignore the whining from people whose life must have went wrong quite bad, that even minor issues on the net throw them into a frenzy. :D I mean "You have to wait 1 day for a game" leads to -> "how dare you make me face reality !!!!" ... pathetic.

There are no excuses after 4 years. It is time to spare to plan the necessary times so that things like this do not happen. The mistake is only who manages the project and marks the times.
The game is paid.

To the Devs, congratulations on release!

Launch issues happen. It has happened to bigger companies with more staff. Anyone who works in IT/Dev knows that things can work great when it test but the moment it goes live, something always breaks or comes to light that was unforeseen. For those who don't work in the field, they don't understand why these things happen and will rage. For those who truly care, will pick up a book and educate themselves to try and help.

Fix the problem, not the blame

"there are no excuses after 4 years" ... please for once in your life shut up about things you don't understand.

Did you ever try to code anything? There is a reason why the most famous IT saying is "never touch a running system".

For, oscarg, Ice
No respect for the work done, no compassion for the people who work behind the games and the number of hours of work to succeed in opening the doors of the games. He doesn’t even deserve to be read. You have no idea what work to do to make this kind of games and it is not possible to satisfy everyone. today is Saturday... he’s still working to please you.. tomorrow Sunday.... They will still work to satisfy you so shut your mouth. Good luck to the team.

Aucun respect du travail apporté, aucune compassion des personnes qui travaille derrière le jeux et du nombre d'heure de travail pour réussir a nous ouvrir les portes de ce jeux.. il ne mérite même pas d'être lu.
tu n'a pas la moindre idée de travail à réaliser pour faire ce genre de jeux et il n'est pas possible de satisfaire tout le monde.. aujourd'hui c'est samedi... il travail encore pour te satisfaire..
demain dimanche.... ils travailleront encore pour te satisfaire alors ferme ta bouche.
Bon courage à l'équipe.

You are all missing the big picture. They aren't responding to any community feedback AT ALL. For a game development company that just launched their game and doesn't respond to community doesn't look well on their staff whatsoever and makes me not even want to play the game again when it comes out. Shows how much dedication their staff really has and shows how much they really care about giving information to the community when we just gave them millions of dollars for this game as a whole. If we just made them millions of dollars I would think that they would at least respond to a damn thread and communicate with customers.

(Edited 4 years, 2 months ago)

Your email is not verified, resend your confirmation email from your profile page.