UI / HUD Elements:
- Different color damage numbers based on the damage/ailment type, similar to what Torchlight III currently offers. (Red for bleed, green for toxic, etc.) Allow these to be toggled like the other options.
- Adjustable font size for the damage values; large, medium, small.
- Option to disable/hide the large health bar (that appears when hovering over or attacking an enemy) for all types; bosses included.
- Option to disable/hide the mini-map (as the tabbed view is more commonly used anyway).
- Option to disable/hide the skill bar. While scaling the UI down is appreciated; hiding it altogether would be great for added screen space.
- Option to disable/hide the ENTIRE HUD (because this is ideal for screenshots and a more immersive experience overall).
Active skills / Gates of Fate:
- Create a "loadout" system that works for the active (hotkey) skill bar, equipped gear, and functions in-tandem with the respec options (namely the GoF). For example, the loadout feature would allow for players to select a saved preset; in reference to equipped gear, let's say there are 3 presets allowed - these presets would be hotswappable and would automatically equip those items. As for the active skills, a similar system; skill set 1, 2, and 3... allowing for these saved presets to be applied at the click of a button. Now, the most difficult (and least likely) implementation of this system would be for the Gates of Fate. The idea is that this loadout function would need to work alongside the current respec system (that factors in currency in order to reset the nodes). Perhaps we could have (again, for the sake of the example) 3 presets that can be saved, and BEFORE the respec confirmation UI popup occurs, you're able to select which preset to load, which will automatically reallocate the points (while simultaneously) reapplying them to the selected preset nodes. The first two uses for the loadout function (skill bar and equipped gear) are the most sensible and would be greatly beneficial for everyday play, without figuring in a complete respec. However, implementing a system like this for the Gates of Fate makes a lot of sense, considering it fits-in (thematically) with one of Wolcen's core values... a (technically) classless character system that allows for on-the-fly adjustments to a character's build without the need to create an entirely new character. If we had a preset selection UI option, it would make the respec option for the Gates of Fate much less tedious, while enhancing functionality.
These are just a few things I've been thinking about, as I've only been playing the game for about a month, but I felt compelled to share my thoughts.
Created: 5 months ago
Category: Feedback & Suggestions