Wolcen Studio went to Gamescom this year to talk about the future of the game, and we were really happy to see a lot of journalists interested in Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem.
We’ve introduced them to the Wrath of Sarisel Content Patch, and gave some information about the release date and its content.
We’re glad to be able to share this information with you now.
We’ve already explained a bit the idea behind this feature in this news. Wrath of Sarisel will introduce a challenging mode requiring cooperation and coordination to face and destroy Sarisel’s half breed sent after you. There will be a more detailed announcement to explain this feature since there is a lot of details to cover, but you’ll get the idea of the type of content you will have in this video. Some of the future act 2 environments were used as well, so you’ll also have a sneak peek on future areas, and on another Apocalyptic form in action! The Apocalyptic forms will also be the object of a future announcement, where we will introduce all of them and their dedicated skills.
Wrath of Sarisel Content Patch will be available in late September/early October.
After Wrath of Sarisel and its debug phase including several hotfixes, the team will focus entirely on the release of the game. There is still work to do, but not having to divide our forces on an additional patch will allow us to go faster than the last few months.
This will lead Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem’s release date to January 2020.
The release content will include:
- 3 Acts of an epic and immersive campaign that will continue for years
- A new endgame storyline, tied to the campaign
- Multiplayer and cooperative content
- Character level up to 90
- 21 archetypes in the Gate of Fates
- 40 skills(including summoning skills!) with 12 to 16 modifiers per skill
- 4 Apocalyptic forms with their dedicated skills and attacks
- Character customization including the female character
- 10 tiers of armors, special armors, and very cool uniques
- Armor skin transfer and tinting
- Customizable game rules thanks to area alterations
- Secondary/optional content
But that’s not all! Wolcen’s development won’t end with the release of the game, it will be the beginning of a long story of additional free content, new Acts, new items, new and returning features that will enrich the game and continuously provide new challenges and activities for players.
We’re really excited about the next few months and the arrival of the release. Of course, we will keep you informed about all these announced features, so you can learn a bit more about this awesome content as we move towards the release of the game.
Thank you for your continuous support!
Created: 2 years, 1 month ago