Bought on Gog in 2016, what do I do?

I purchased Wolcen on gog.com back on 10-21/2016. I didn't realize it had been taken off the site until the game just launched. Am I out of luck?

Replies: 5

Created: 4 years, 2 months ago

Category: Bugs & Issues

yeah, same here. i bought the in-dev game a few years ago on GoG, and have been waiting (im)patiently for it to finally release. only to find out, when i opened up GoG Galaxy to install it, that Galaxy still only has version point five point something. a quick google later, and i learn that apparently Wolcen was removed from GoG in 2019.

i can't help but feel that Wolcen's developers have functionally stolen our $30 (or something in that vicinity, as i recall), because we paid the money for the game on the GoG platform, and we have absolutely nothing to show for it - not even a steam key. (which personally would not mollify me, because i despise steam and avoid it wherever possible). our money has contributed to the game's development, but my google-fu reveals no word on this matter except the one lonely post on GoG, by GoG.com - not even Wolcen's devs saying anything on it, just GoG's.

will Wolcen eventually come to GoG? will we maybe get a somewhat-overdue refund? something, anything?

Soooooo, nothing? I get you guys are busy but I have tried emailing as well and I haven't heard anything back on that front. I won't post again unless I hear back from Staff. I was just hopeful something would come of my original purchase.

Soooooo, nothing? I get you guys are busy but I have tried emailing as well and I haven't heard anything back on that front. I won't post again unless I hear back from Staff. I was just hopeful something would come of my original purchase.

beedy112 Original Comment

you can contact GoG about a refund. only Wallet funds sadly, not actual money back, but its better than nothing. i got mine a few days ago.

Update - I heard back and along with my confirmation from Gog, I was able to receive a steam key. I had given up hope and moved on but was pleasantly surprised to see the email come in.

Created: 4 years ago

Update - I heard back and along with my confirmation from Gog, I was able to receive a steam key. I had given up hope and moved on but was pleasantly surprised to see the email come in.

beedy112 Original Comment

ahh, grats to you then. i despise steam so i haven't taken that route. hope the game was worth the wait for you. =)

Created: 4 years ago

Your email is not verified, resend your confirmation email from your profile page.