After many nights of trying to defeat Edric until ragequiting I'm close to giving up. I even created a new character with a different build because I thought my build might be too underpowered to defeat Edric.
Here is my experience with Edric, with a Mage build and a Ranged build:
- Usually I'm one hit. If I make one mistake I'm dead. Well I understand that the boss fights should be hard, but seems a little bit off the charts.
- If i retry with another life I would say in aprox. 40% of the cases I get directly spawn killed by Edric.
- Sometimes being out of the zones of the skills doesn't help, especially if you're close but not in the zone. Getting killed by this is really frustrating.
- Sometimes the skills are buggy and fire in a direction that doesn't match Edric direction of view, so I dodge and get killed anyways.
- Health globes aren't dropping sometimes. I don't know if this is a "feature"
- I've got the feeling that the fight is extremely luck based. In some tries I can beat the first phases super easily, in some tries I get killed three times in 30 seconds. Also the skills are extremely random. For example in the first phase the "Shield and Shooting" is usually no problem to dodge, but sometimes I directly get hits, that are stronger than usual and hit me despite of dodging => instant death.
- After watching some videos I get the feeling that some build can just facetank the boss and down him in 2 minutes, so this is balanced enough towards different builds. The goal of the game shouldn't be to get one of "those" builds and run through, but to match individual play style and keep it fun.
I watched Edric guides. I watched build guides. I'm no hardcore gamer and liked the game so far, but this is just frustrating. You should do something about this boss fight, especially the things that seem like bugs and the randomness maybe.
Created: 2 years, 7 months ago
Category: Feedback & Suggestions