Ascended 187 Cleared Tank Build

I just finished clearing the highest Map currently in the game, Ascended 187 Build. Character level 77
Below I will list what nodes I've used and give you an rough outline of what you need to be aiming for on your character.

Gates of Fate nodes

Tier 1

• The wild Card

Tier 2

• Merciless Lethality
  • Sacred Oath
  • Kingless Aegis
  • 2 x Master of curses (do not get Insidious decay)
  • Power of the First Men
  • Feast for the Crows
  • Manic Slaughter
  • Duty to Exterminate

Tier 3

• Salvatory Anchor
  • Furious Appetite
  • Flurrying Flames
  • Which time Cannot Heal
  • Dire Juncture
  • 2 x Impossible soul

This will bring our Ailment stack to 30
You can play around with some of the enhancement nodes to what you see fit
There are other skill nodes I have planned in the future that will require testing

https://wolcen-universe.com/builds/gMB9Vy-ascended-187-tank

Gear
Find a good balance between Bruiser (health) and Heavy (Resistance). you should at least have one high in resistance in either head or chest to give you the added bonus from salvatory anchor. Roll a good shield high in block and efficiency. Socket Defence 1 and 2 into shield and armor to get your block chance up to 85% (100% with Soverign Shout) and the rest into Block efficiency.
Try to roll a weapon with Aether damage to make use of Which Time Cannot Heal node but if you cant you can use Tracker's Reach + Arresting Claw

Skills
the 2 most important skills to increase your damage are
1. Bleeding Edge with Despotic Perseverance as we can have 30 stacks of ailment
2. Blood for Blood with Suffocating Eclipse to turn bleeding edges bleeds stacks into curse

This combination will boost your damage clearing mobs easily and better yet with larger health pool for bosses you can reach your MAX damage potential as your stacks increase

Hope this guide helps!

Replies: 13

Created: 4 years, 2 months ago

Category: Gameplay

[deleted]

What spells did you have on your bar and runes with them i have been trying to find a tank build to clear and lvl with

What spells did you have on your bar and runes with them i have been trying to find a tank build to clear and lvl with

snowsphynx Original Comment

Tracker's Reach

• Preserving Momentum
  • Arresting Claw
  • Retracting Chain
  • Rapid Propellation
  • Unrelenting Hunt
  • Ever Wakeful Justice

Blood for Blood

• Fear Marches
  • Reaching Claw
  • Suffocating Eclipse
  • Unrelenting Attrition
  • Standing STraight
  • Grip of Agony
  • Sustenance from Obscenity

Sovereign Shout

• Hold the Line
  • Marble House
  • Dawnbreaker
  • Infectious Determination
  • Raging Berserker
  • Hostile Inspiration
  • Enemy's Pillar

Juggernaut

• Grudges Collected
  • Crushing Wall
  • Standing Rock
  • Flies in Bevvies
  • Heralded Pavis
  • Cold Steel
  • Banners Held High
  • Vibrations Internalized

Bleeding Edge

• Shredding Edge
  • Bladed meteorite
  • Self adjusting Principle
  • Unstoppable Momentum
  • Despotic Preseverance
  • Evisceration

if you have the 5th skill unlock you can put whatever you want.
I used WARPATH just to move around the map

If you are lucky enough to have a Dagger or Pistol then I would use MARK OF IMPURITY however I have yet to farm a decent one

(Edited 4 years, 2 months ago)

Stat distribution?

What do you suggest to look for in the other gear slots after reaching 85% block chance and Aether 1h? What would an ideal 1h weapon and shield look like for this build? Looking to trying it out since I just beat the game today. How is your attribute distribution also? All in Toughness?

Thanks for posting.

[deleted]

Very good guide, could you indicate the distribution of points? Did you use everything in vitality?

As long as your Wisdom is sitting around 200 you evenly distribute Ferocity and Toughness.
My current Crit chance is at 50% due to ferocity stack which helps with your overall damage
Gear slots after 85% Block I used for Block Efficiency
rings & amulet I used crit gems
Gear I look for Increase Crit, + stat ailment chance, either increase health or resistance then attack speed. of course ferocity or toughness over wisdom agility
Mix between Bruiser and Heavy depending which gear provides overall better stats.

Ring and or amulet attack damage must be of either poison, fire or lightning. this is to allow your bleeding edges ailment to be of bleed which gets converted into curse + a DoT ailment to provide extra damage and to get the bonus of Fatal Pact node when you eventually get there.

Ideal 1h would be high raw damge Pistol or Dagger (to get access to skills) preferably with Aether but you can slot that in with gems. Prefer increase crit and rage generation, than ailment increase + attack speed
my Current shield stats I rolled 37.5% block + 28.1% Block efficiency. Not sure if this can go higher but would prefer even higher efficiency

(Edited 4 years, 2 months ago)

Hello! Great job on the build. I am working on transitioning to this build and was curious what the 2 x Master of curses (do not get Insidious decay) were in Tier 2? I cannot seem to find these nodes. Thank you

Nevermind... I found the nodes

Hi, how are you applying stasis? are you only using trackers reach? or getting ailments chance(aether) as high as possible im currenly on 15%?

Hi, how are you applying stasis? are you only using trackers reach? or getting ailments chance(aether) as high as possible im currenly on 15%?

burgamo Original Comment

My stasis ailment chance on my hit is also only 16%, which is enough to apply when vsing boss mobs. I also use it on trackers reach to I can proc the extra damage. Trackers reach is 100% so perfect for clearing trash mobs

They added a 10sec cooldown for the unstoppable momentum rune just today, is there a tweak for this build that would negate the effects of the nerf?

Your email is not verified, resend your confirmation email from your profile page.