Celebrating 150 hours with Wolcen (positive corner)

So amongst all these bugs, broken skills, lagging servers, slow response times, crashing boss battles.. ah, I could go on forever, lets have 1 thread were will for change discuss what you like about the game. I can say with absolute certainty this is the buggies and most broken game that I have spent most hours with and actually had fun :) There is something about that Wolcen!
Let me list few cool items:
1) Valeria and Demetra voice actor - damn good job, it feels so alive and natural like as she is sitting right next to me
2) Mercy voice actor - there should more of him, that little part of the game is ridiculous (mercy the leader not mercy mercy :D )
3) Lambach - My personal Design award 2020. Seriously that is the creepiest little shit i have seen in very long time and Im a horror movie fan. Entire segment with Lambach starting with Flesh forest is easily the best part of the campaign. Charming!
4) Story - in the ARPG (storyless) games high above average. Kinda disappointed that final boss of the game was not Ahriman. Maybe in the future? Note: Ahriman is such a lame name for a demon, Zaalbezul is tons more badass
5) Graphics - FINALLY an APRG that doesnt look like 2005 production
6) Original skills - lots of skills I have never seen before (infinity blades, summoning giant magical weapons, improvement on DIablo rune system...)
7) Original passives - Passives granting you various new resources like blessed bullets, alastor charges etc. is a cool system IF it works, which it mostly doesnt, but one day it will so, good one.
8) Boss battles - aside from that fact they are broken, I like the Dark souls take and action oriented fights where bosses are really deadly and can one shot you if you are not careful and fast enough

Anything YOU´d like to add? :)
(Note - if you absolutely need to cry about bleeding edge, do it somewhere else please)

Replies: 6

Created: 4 years, 1 month ago

Category: Gameplay

1. No Microtransactions ^^ the game doesn't cut its features and sells them to you. Im not a big fashion type but your char in wolcen can look really really nice! Even if most skins are placeholders right now.
  2. Best story in any existing hack n / game! The story has a soul and it takes itself serious! Your charakter at first a little scaed, gets more and more confident over time as he beats the demons one by one back to the bloody abyss!
  3. Magic Find matters - the game is casual but not too extreme like D3. You wont get showered with unique/legendary items after beating a boss!
  4. Unique resource system! Some games completely removed the use of a resource or just uses cooldowns. Wolcen created a unique resource system which is really nice!
  5. Hybrid classes - Everyone can dodge, block or facetank. This can give you a feeling of roleplay if you intend to play like a cleric or sorts. Even if the game is not really fit for a roleplay.

This is refreshing (I made a forum account just to reply to this thread)

+1 to all of the above

The only thing I can think of to add at the moment is: potential.

Its a bit of a double edged sword, because its bringing up the current state of the game, but the game has so much potential. The fact that im checking the forums multiple times a day to see if theres any updates/patch notes is a testament to that. Putting balance and bugs aside, the core of the game feels right and interesting and im genuinely interested to see how it all pans out.

1. No Microtransactions ^^ the game doesn't cut its features and sells them to you. Im not a big fashion type but your char in wolcen can look really really nice! Even if most skins are placeholders right now.
  2. Best story in any existing hack n / game! The story has a soul and it takes itself serious! Your charakter at first a little scaed, gets more and more confident over time as he beats the demons one by one back to the bloody abyss!
  3. Magic Find matters - the game is casual but not too extreme like D3. You wont get showered with unique/legendary items after beating a boss!
  4. Unique resource system! Some games completely removed the use of a resource or just uses cooldowns. Wolcen created a unique resource system which is really nice!
  5. Hybrid classes - Everyone can dodge, block or facetank. This can give you a feeling of roleplay if you intend to play like a cleric or sorts. Even if the game is not really fit for a roleplay.
Silent Moebius Original Comment

Yea you are so right with fashion. This is actually the 1st game ever I spent an hour painting and transmoging my sorceress. Warhammer-like design of armors and weapons is top!

This is totally the wrong forum for this. It isnt a guide and it surely isnt a build.
This certainly belongs in the feedback section.
I like the idea of collecting things the community likes about the game in one thread
but things like this annoy me to no end...

P O T E N T I A L

It's fun. It's not overly complicated like POE (seriously, at a certain point we're trying to play a game), but not brain dead like D3. Item system could be better, but not a detriment. There's an element of twitchiness that's required but not overly so. Middle ground often gets branded as mediocre nothing, but in this case it's actually a positive thing. It also helps that I haven't experienced game breaking bugs, just small nuisances. But then again I played a total of 33 hours from launch day and giving the game time to polish. Not excusing the horrible launch, but $40 for 33 hours of gameplay is good for me, not to mention I'll still be playing.

Your email is not verified, resend your confirmation email from your profile page.