non-ailment build for 160+ expedition?!

do you know any single build which can run endgame without using ailments stacking?
do ive missed something? ive tried full force shield build with 240k fs > not working, tried pierce stacking ranged build > also not working well. tired full martial crit melee build > not working.
im not that guy who wants to spend 20minutes for a single map (boss not included) :/

ive played battlemag build so far on 160+ expeditons, got an ranger build which can run ~120 expeditions on lvl52 char lvl.
my main is the " one and only " bleeding edge max block build which can run 187+ expeditions. but their ALL ailments based.... to poor and kind of boring being forced to play ailments always.

maybe you can help me out?

Replies: 22

Created: 4 years, 2 months ago

Category: Gameplay

Say thank you to the balance team for being able to stack ths shit out of block and all resist so you take no damage as melee character :)
Other spells besides Bleeding Edge cannot run 160+ because they cannot survive or they dont do enaugh damage

https://wolcengame.com/forum/feedback-suggestions/passive-skills/cabalist-nodes-are-the-biggest-problems-of-gate-of-fates/
This thread.
In simple words - forget about non-ailment builds in this game as of right now. Don't even bother to try, that's a waste of precious affinity.

I have a gunmage build that I can solo 175, I can also team up with a friend on 187 and able to do maps 1 and 2 before i crash or game lags and drop me through the map lol, havent had the chance to get to 187 boss withing crashing or something going wrong as of now so havent unlocked it. With the nerf of bleeding edge, i havent seen much players able to solo 187, and if they do, it'll crash or bugged out or fall through maps or something will happen haha.

As a squishy dps though, you have to dodge and kite bosses though, can't face tank, but you'll do a lot of damage. Enough that no one can take agro off of you, even after you die and someone res you, you won't lose agro, wells. . . you don't lose any threat even if you die, because as soon as you res, you'll get threat again without doing anything, which im sure its a bug.

I'm waiting on the update tonight or tomorrow and see if anything changes much then I'll post my build up. You will use ailments, but not for damage, just for the buffs, its just too strong not to use it right now, and its just to clear trash mobs and champions before the map boss.

Created: 4 years, 1 month ago

Say thank you to the balance team for being able to stack ths shit out of block and all resist so you take no damage as melee character :)
Other spells besides Bleeding Edge cannot run 160+ because they cannot survive or they dont do enaugh damage

Noisestorm Original Comment

You can as a range either. why cry so much for nothing ? Just learn what u have to build and stop asking dev to "balance" smthg that is already balanced

I have a gunmage build that I can solo 175, I can also team up with a friend on 187 and able to do maps 1 and 2 before i crash or game lags and drop me through the map lol, havent had the chance to get to 187 boss withing crashing or something going wrong as of now so havent unlocked it. With the nerf of bleeding edge, i havent seen much players able to solo 187, and if they do, it'll crash or bugged out or fall through maps or something will happen haha.

As a squishy dps though, you have to dodge and kite bosses though, can't face tank, but you'll do a lot of damage. Enough that no one can take agro off of you, even after you die and someone res you, you won't lose agro, wells. . . you don't lose any threat even if you die, because as soon as you res, you'll get threat again without doing anything, which im sure its a bug.

I'm waiting on the update tonight or tomorrow and see if anything changes much then I'll post my build up. You will use ailments, but not for damage, just for the buffs, its just too strong not to use it right now, and its just to clear trash mobs and champions before the map boss.

Mistal Original Comment

"Show me, please, an non-ailment 160+ build"
"Here you go, a gunmage build. With ailments though, but hey, i't a build, yeah? Yeah?.. Hey, where did everybody go..."

You can as a range either. why cry so much for nothing ? Just learn what u have to build and stop asking dev to "balance" smthg that is already balanced

JMLP Original Comment

When you have to spend 20 skillpoints in absolutely mandatory nodes - that is NOT a balance.
When you do not do that and your character, even in fully thought through other build is doing 20-30 times less damage - that is NOT a balance.
That is a shitshow.

(Edited 4 years, 1 month ago)

When you have to spend 20 skillpoints in absolutely mandatory nodes - that is NOT a balance.
When you do not do that and your character, even in fully thought through other build is doing 20-30 times less damage - that is NOT a balance.
That is a shitshow.

Mafusail Original Comment

Bro you are just bad, it works the same for melee or range player. Just look how this guy beat 187 as a gunner... Look how he can tank and kite without an optimize gear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmNQcbfyP3Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXZ8y2YecYs
(Credit to this guy)

Just notice that gunner and melee player have praticly the same build and both work pretty well
I think gunner can be worth than a BE build

You're just showing your mediocrity to everyone here.

If YOUR build does not work that DOES NOT MEAN every others range builds are bad and unefficient

Gunner does ridiculous damage u saw bazooka build ? its same shit

Gunner does ridiculous damage u saw bazooka build ? its same shit

Noisestorm Original Comment

wow some dumbass people down there.
Just click on the link, it's free cost u nothing and this will show you that you're wrong

Another person stacking all rez and block chance NO WAY!
HOW !
Like come on....

Just click on the link, it's free cost u nothing and this will show you that you're wrong

JMLP Original Comment

The only dumbass here is you. Nobody wants to play the same build everyone else is playing just because everything else fails miserably. Balance and build variety are absolutely mandatory in a game like this.

I won't even bother checking out your link. It's gonna involve the whole damn cabalist tree and block chance/efficiency stacking, right? I mean what else could it be when this game is constantly forcing you into 1 specific build!

JMLP Original Comment

Mhm. You came downstairs at your house basement and looked in the mirror.
The dude asked for a non-ailment, non-meta build.
You started calling everybody here dumbf#cks and linked two absolutely stadart meta ailment builds :D
Just, come on! You can't be that ignorant!

That's an efficient build for melee and gunner, this is also the only way to play the end game and to enjoy it.
Dunno why nobody want to play ailment and dunno why everybody is crying again because these kind of build actually work.
The only thing you will succeed to do is that they will sledgehammer nerf everything AGAIN because crybabies are complaining down there because they don't want to play what they call "meta".

Stop being jalous, different builds exist and i agree that the passiv tree is bugged but neither the cabalyst tree nor block/global resistances are "OP" they don't deserve nerf and with those devs you just should be happy that a few enjoyable build still exist before they'll come with a new patch and destroy everything

They really should sledgehammer nerf this along with scaling down opponents... A LOT! Then we'd be probably 2 steps closer to balance where people can play what they want, and not being forced to play the only build that works.

Another huge step in the right direction would be to balance weapon damage and to normalize the flat +damage mods on them as well. Bows and staves are currently a joke.

They really should sledgehammer nerf this along with scaling down opponents... A LOT! Then we'd be probably 2 steps closer to balance where people can play what they want, and not being forced to play the only build that works.

Another huge step in the right direction would be to balance weapon damage and to normalize the flat +damage mods on them as well. Bows and staves are currently a joke.

dukefx Original Comment

So much people already left this game because of the last patch and you want more nerf. What a fool you are.

They MUST up other builds instead of listening to people like you who destroy the game because they can't optimize their build themselves and doesn't listen to anyone who try to help them.

I just can't understand why a bunch of guys like you are obsess with the rares things that work on this game by calling it "gneu OP gneu nerf nerf please gneu". You are the cancer of game balacing by crying anywhere at any time just because you are unable to optimize yourself. Adapt yourself to this buggy shit or just leave it

That's an efficient build for melee and gunner, this is also the only way to play the end game and to enjoy it.
Dunno why nobody want to play ailment and dunno why everybody is crying again because these kind of build actually work.
The only thing you will succeed to do is that they will sledgehammer nerf everything AGAIN because crybabies are complaining down there because they don't want to play what they call "meta".

Stop being jalous, different builds exist and i agree that the passiv tree is bugged but neither the cabalyst tree nor block/global resistances are "OP" they don't deserve nerf and with those devs you just should be happy that a few enjoyable build still exist before they'll come with a new patch and destroy everything

JMLP Original Comment

"Dunno why nobody want to play ailment and dunno why everybody is crying again because these kind of build actually work."

Because the game cant handle a lot of damage ticks and big pulls results in a chrash... In the last 3-4 days i wasnt able to achive a higher expo then 140 cause the game bugs out in 160++.
And i the group play... hell its just a bug and lag shitshow... Maybe we were lucky to end 1 stage of an expo without falling through the floor 1-10 sec lags...

Actually i am looking for a non ailment build because maybe! i can finish an expo without dc, falling through the floor etc...

And actually they can delete the passiv tree there is no real choice to pick. You just have to choose specific nodes to be viable, and 99% of every build, range,meele just chose the same nodes.

"Dunno why nobody want to play ailment and dunno why everybody is crying again because these kind of build actually work."

Because the game cant handle a lot of damage ticks and big pulls results in a chrash... In the last 3-4 days i wasnt able to achive a higher expo then 140 cause the game bugs out in 160++.
And i the group play... hell its just a bug and lag shitshow... Maybe we were lucky to end 1 stage of an expo without falling through the floor 1-10 sec lags...

Actually i am looking for a non ailment build because maybe! i can finish an expo without dc, falling through the floor etc...

And actually they can delete the passiv tree there is no real choice to pick. You just have to choose specific nodes to be viable, and 99% of every build, range,meele just chose the same nodes.

metanephrine Original Comment

Lol, just don't display damage on your option bro that's free and you won't crash anymore

Lol, just don't display damage on your option bro that's free and you won't crash anymore

JMLP Original Comment

"bro" if this fixes that u get a dc, lag and fall through the world problem then well no comment about the structure of the code.

Well every 180+build as some points in ailments no matter where you look.
If only there weren't so many broken nodes that doesn't work as described or just does nothing at all... Maybe we'll have more variety but at the moment it's kind of depressing. There are some variety but you can be sure that they all share the same 20-30+ points on some nodes.

I tried to go off-meta and it's horribly non effective/broken (in a bad way : not working).

I was excited at first seeing all the skills and the variety of it, I was thinking of so many builds while leveling... Only to find out 90% of them are shit :D

they should think about adding a node which says "can't inflict ailments. Instead damage is increased by 200%" (just for example).
this would need some balancing time too, but this would give a non ailments build a chance.

Your email is not verified, resend your confirmation email from your profile page.